Friday, January 2, 2015

One Million-versary

Sometime last night this blog passed the 1,000,000 mark for views. I'm not going to get all meta here (one of my least favorite things is blogging about my blogging), but I do want to say thank you.

Thanks to Diane Ravitch for putting me in front of such a large audience. She has a huge platform, and her willingness to share that so many other voices is one of the great driving engines of the Resistance. We've never met or even talked on the phone, but she's had a huge influence on the success of this blog and, like many others, I am personally grateful for her support.

Likewise, the BATs gave a large audience a look at my words. Anthony Cody was one of the first A-list bloggers to pick up one of my pieces, and he also threw my hat in the ring when Education Week needed someone to fill at least a tiny piece of the gap he left when he took Living in Dialogue independent. EdWeek and Huffington Post have both put my words in front of new audiences, and I am thankful for their boosting as well.

I take inspiration from a long list of bloggers (you can see most of them in the right-hand column), and I have a group of loyal readers who keep me supplied with horrifying new leads and who do me the favor of alerting me to my latest eruption of typos, misspellings, and omitted words. I am grateful for them as well. My twitter account (@palan57), where I try to amplify the voices of many, is now up over 2000 followers, and my tumblr (curmudgucation news at curmudgucation.tumblr.com) was just supposed to be a place where I could store articles I didn't want to lose, but it now has its own batch of followers.

There is a massive buzz and hum and discussion going on in and around the world of public education, and I am privileged to be a small part of it. If I can provide something useful for the people who read here, then I've paid part of my debt to the planet and the profession today. Thanks to everybody who has read, and double thanks to everybody who has read and passed around what I've written.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I consider you the 'Jon Stewart of the Daily Curmudgucation Show' and look forward to my daily fix of your wit and insight. Dead-on - I don't know how you do it, Peter, but thank you thank you thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. I read your posts every day. They give me fuel for my varied "elevator pitches" that I use daily to set people I meet straight on education issues. Most folks are just not paying attention. But now that I'm retired, I have lots of time to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete